Supported Living Arrangements
The Patricia Lloyd Townhomes in Evanston and scattered-site apartments in Evanston and Skokie comprise Shore’s Supported Living Arrangements (SLA) program. The Townhomes are a row of five two-story units, each housing two individuals who are able to live more independently. Ten individuals live in the homes and many have community employment. Residents are responsible for themselves and their homes. The residents in apartments have intermittent contact with staff. Services are provided on an as-needed basis and include:
- Housekeeping training
- Interpersonal Counseling
- Case Management
- Transportation training
How to Apply
Phone: 847-982-2030 ext. 230
- Individuals with an intellectual and/or other developmental disability.
- 18 years of age and older, mild functioning range and not dangerous to self or others.
- Capable of self-medication, attested to by a physician.
- Ability to care for personal and housekeeping needs with a minimum of supervision.
- Not requiring frequent on-site medical care, not having a severe or chronic mental illness or addiction to drugs or alcohol.
- Employment in a competitive or vocational work setting or volunteer activities.
- Recent application filed for social security benefits or receipt of such benefits, if not gainfully employed.
- Shore does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ancestry, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.