- About Us
- Programs & Services
- News & Events
- Support Us
Welcome to Community Employment at Shore’s Joseph Koenig, Sr. Training Center
Our program is a partnership that brings together competent workers and area businesses. Shore supported employees work in a variety of industries and report high levels of job satisfaction and on-the-job longevity.
Our programs are:
- Job counseling and placement
- Supported employment
- Ticket to Work
Community Employment Services:
This program places individuals with disabilities into employment in community businesses throughout the north Chicagoland area. For more information, contact Seyi Adeolu, Community Program Manager, at (847)581-0200 ext. 21.
- Program involves a careful match of employee abilities and job requirements.
- A professional job developer provides on-site training to enhance the employee’s skills.
- Follow-up consultation is available to both employee and employer to ensure quality performance.
- Services are provided at no cost to the companies.
Overall objectives of the Supported Employment program include:
- Group and Individual Discovery for evaluation and assessment of individual job preferences, strengths, skills and conditions of employment
- Assistance with identifying job opportunities
- Customized employment for optimal job match
- Interview and job fair preparation, transportation and support
- Job coaches that train along with the employee and provide ongoing, on-site support
- Coordination between employee and employers, families and other agencies
- Vocational skills training, goals and program plans
Please consider including Shore Community Services in your will and estate planning.