Direct Service Professional (DSP) Training
The curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
- Human Rights
- Abuse, Neglect and Financial Exploitation Prevention
- Human Interaction and Communication
- Basic Health and Safety
40 hours of in-classroom training is required. Training may be scheduled for all 5 parts of the program or for individual components of the training.
Participants will be certified by the Illinois Department of Human Services for the classroom components of this program. 80 hours of on-the-job training is required for full certification as a DSP. All training must be completed within 120 days of hire.
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
40 hours of DHS training is required for all QIDP’s. The curriculum includes:
- Introduction to the World of the QIDP
- Leadership and Communication
- Assessing and Enhancing Quality Outcomes
- The Planning Loop
- Record Keeping
- Community Relations and Resources
- Health and Safety
- Applying Rules and Regulations.
Training for both certifications are augmented with on-site video presentations and print resources. A DSP or QMRP notebook will be issued to all participants who successfully complete the course(s).