Early Intervention (EI) serves children from birth to three years of age. These children range from:
- at-risk infants with drug or alcohol exposure
- children with mild to severe developmental delays
Services available include:
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy
- speech therapy
- developmental therapy
- family support and training
- multi-discipline playgroups
- child-find screenings, evaluation and assessment, referral and transition planning
The EI program also serves children who were in the program beyond the age of three, during the transition period to their school district services.
All programs are staffed with licensed and/or credentialed professionals who work as a team to best help the child and his/her family.
Services are provided to stimulate the motor, language, cognitive and social development of the children in order to promote their functional independence and ensure the fullest integration possible into their community living environment.
Early Intervention Center
Skokie, IL 60076
Services are provided:
- Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., some evenings or weekends may be available
- at the Early Intervention Center
- at the child’s home
- at the child’s day care
- all playgroups are conducted at the Early Intervention Center
Eligibility Requirement / Application Process
Referrals to SHORE Early Intervention are made through Child and Family Connections (CFC). For the CFC in your area call 1-800-585-1953. The CFC Service Coordinator will arrange an evaluation to determine eligibility and the type of services needed.
Note: Children may be referred directly to the Early Intervention Program before or after the age of three. Contact Debbie Shulruf, Director, at (847)869-7901 ext. 11 for further information.
- Referrals are obtained from the CFC or other sources
- CFC submits admission information
- EI Coordinator and Therapist review
- Parents are contacted to arrange days/times of therapy
- Completion of Intake Packet
Questions can be directed to the Early Intervention Coordinator
Phone: (847) 674-0839 ext. 10
Fax: (847) 674-1254